Transportation to Private and Parochial Schools
Please be advised, the Valhalla School Board exercises its prerogative to provide transportation to private and parochial schools in accordance with the adopted school year calendar for the year in which you are requesting transportation. Each year when the calendar has been adopted by the Board of Education, it can be viewed by clicking here.
New York State Law Requires:
- That requests for transportation to private or parochial schools must be signed and returned to the Valhalla UFSD, 316 Columbus Ave, Valhalla, NY 10595 no later than April 1st of each year.
- That transportation be furnished only to pupils residing in the School District (in this case Valhalla UFSD).
- That transportation be furnished to all pupils attending private and parochial schools, providing such schools are not more than fifteen (15) miles distant from their homes, as measured by the nearest available route.
Please click here to print an application for transportation.
All applications for transportation must be received by the Valhalla UFSD District Office no later than April 1st of each year to be considered eligible for transportation.
Also Note - In the event of inclement weather and emergency closings, transportation services will follow that of the Valhalla UFSD. School delays and closings are announced on many radio, television channels and on the Valhalla UFSD website. Please register with our Connect Ed services to be notified of weather and emergency closings - see below.
Valhalla community members who do not have children attending Valhalla schools can still get important messages and updates by signing up for the District’s Connect Ed e-mail alert service.
- Go to the VUFSD District website at www.valhallaschools.org
- Look for the "About Us" tab at the top of the page and click on the "E-Notification Service" link.
- Next, click on the "Sign Me Up" link to create an account.
- Once you've completed sign-up, you'll be able to log in and add e-mail addresses, cell phone numbers and other devices where you'd like to be reached.
- Under "Subscriptions", you can select the school building(s) and type of notifications (Emergency, Outreach or both) you'd like to receive.